----- Original Message -----
 From: "Martyn,Cameron" <__CMartyn@lambeth.gov.uk>
 To: "'Duncan Law'" <__duncan@duncanlaw.charitydays.co.uk>
 Cc: "White,David (DES)" <__DESTran11@lambeth.gov.uk>
 Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:56 AM
 Subject: RE: HZ

 Hi Duncan

 thanks for your emails. Apologies for the delay in replying but I was out of  the office at the end of last week....
 Homezone is still moving, we have commissioned the Traffic Order (which will take 6 weeks) so residents should see the notices in the South London Press and London Gazette very soon. By the time the order is complete we will have all information ready for contractors and hopefully have sorted out any possible changes that may come about as a result of final consultation

I'm not sure if you are aware (I will include this in the letter) but the Homezone area has now also been included in the Borough Highways Maintenance plan for resurfacing. For practical reasons, this will have to be carried out before the Homezone works begin and has been scheduled for the first week of August. It is expected to take most of the week, after which T.E. Beach (the Council works contractors) will continue with Homezone works construction.

 The reason the letter has not come out yet is that after I met with TfL on-site on the 5th June re: the Point No Entry on Brixton Hill (as it is on
 a TfL red-route) some changes to the design of the contra-flow cycle lane into Holmewood Road were suggested, as well as a couple of measures for allowing cyclists easy passage through the traffic calming areas. I have been back to the designers again to ask these measures, as well as some drainage changes, be incorporated.

 I expect to get the plans finished and letter out within a week. It is getting frustrating as seems to be an on-going process of tweaking and changing technical aspects, something that has also taken some time is finding the exact location of services under the road and notifying the relevant suppliers.

 Thank you for the suggestion of placing plans on the Council website, this is a good idea and I'll find out if it can be done.

 I hope this has been useful - please feel free to circulate to the Homezone group. I look forward to discussing with you soon

 kind regards

 Cameron Martyn
 Special Projects Officer
 Lambeth Transport