----- Original Message -----
From: "Martyn,Cameron" <__CMartyn@lambeth.gov.uk
To: "'Duncan Law'" <__duncan@duncanlaw.charitydays.co.uk
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: Resurfacing

Hi Duncan

thank you for your email. Yes, I've heard there are workmen currently
re-patching Holmewood Gardens, have had a couple of phone calls from
residents concerned this will be the extent of the road re-surfacing works.
I can assure you that this repatching is a temporary safety/maintenance
measure and the Gardens are still on the Borough roads programme to be
re-surfaced. However, it seems odd to me that the road would be patched now
when it is due to be resurfaced in the very near future...

The August date was given to me by our Principal Engineer Robin Aitken
before the current works programme was split into two parts after our
consultation meeting 22nd July. I am currently working with the engineers to
ensure the works are undertaken as soon as possible and the programme has
not been allowed to slip due to part of the Homezone works being delayed.

Re-surfacing involves stripping the top 100mm (or so) of surface down to
base and completely replacing several layers to effectively 're-make' the
road. It is quite a speedy process and the engineers have estimated the
entire Holmewood Gardens could be done in less than 2 days.

will keep you informed on this matter. Thank you for arranging your area
meeting, please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I hope to set a
date for the area representatives to meet myself and designers/engineers
within the next week

kind regards

Cameron Martyn
Special Projects Officer